||Link to apply now: https://capricommunities.hcshiring.com/jobs/bjLwoBE0U0qdhDozeSEJrQ
The Director of Lifestyle Enrichment reports to the VP of Sales and Marketing. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the lifestyle enrichment programming of Capri Communities. Directing a team to ensure the elements of the enjoy-life program (Education, Adventure, Community, Heath & Wellness) are developed and easily executed at the community level. This position is also vital in ensuring Capri mission and values are felt across the organization and will be part of company-wide initiatives such as company events, volunteer relationships, employee programs, and community outreach.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Leads the organization’s Enjoy Life culture. Creates resources for program and event execution around the elements of Education, Adventure, Community, and Health & Wellness.
o Enjoy Life Feature Programs
o Enjoy Life Adventure Series
Monitor and coach community Life Enrichment members on their implementation of these programs that are appropriate to each community.
• Ensures that all activity-related staff and volunteers are trained in the enjoy life process, understanding the needs of their resident population. Trains and support the new resident welcome program, TLC.
• Guide communities to execute innovative programs and activities that connect residents to their community and external neighborhoods.
• Provides input into decisions regarding community lifestyle budgets.
• Assists with the recruitment and trains Lifestyle Enrichment staff.
• Explores and maintains external partnerships that will provide enhanced enjoy life programming opportunities.
• Through the annual resident satisfaction survey results, work with the RDO/ED to ensure programming expectations are being met; offer suggestions for improvement that can be measured over time.
• Responsible for the oversight and execution of Capri’s automated calendaring system, Sagely, contract and its use throughout Capri.
• Responsible for content development and timely execution of monthly Capri resident and family newsletters using the Sagely software and Capri’s text program.
• Seeks to identify new volunteer agencies and opportunities. Provides indirect community oversight of volunteers.
• Collaborates with the Marketing and Sales departments to coordinate program collateral and materials.
• Create a collaborative environment within Capri by promoting the sharing of ideas between the communities.
• Meets with management staff on a regular basis to develop, conduct, and evaluate activities and cost containment.
• Develops and maintains rapport with all staff to ensure the team’s effort in developing and executing identified employee recognition programs (CARES, the Jimmys, Social Media reviews, etc.)
• Ensures Mission and Values are engrained within the Capri culture through active engagement.
This position will have a support team of at least two enjoy-life employees to assist in the execution of training, program development, and execution of initiatives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Recreational Therapy, Education, or a related field of study
• Previous experience in event planning, community outreach, activity/program development
• Must possess leadership and teamwork ability.
• Consistently maintains high levels of activity, sustaining long working hours when necessary. Operates with vigor, energy, and effectiveness over long periods of time.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively deal with people at different organizational levels both inside and outside the company. Ability to also communicate with and respect the needs of the senior population.
• Excellent customer service skills, with a courteous and helpful demeanor.
• Well-developed problem-solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
• Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing activities and practices.